mischievously

Tina (HDB)

Book reviews, random musings and all things mischievous.

American Gods: A Novel
Billow
Emma Raveling

Desire Resort Series Review

Best Laid Plans (Desire Resort Book 2) - Kate Roth Last Resort - Kate  Roth

Erotic Romance (intended for mature readers, ages 18+)

Danielle Ward hasn’t had sex in six years. Sure, she’s been on dates. She even has a boyfriend, but it seems something is always getting in the way when it comes to doing the deed.

After her boyfriend finally loses his patience and leaves her to drown her sorrows, her best friend Georgia comes up with a plan that becomes more and more brilliant with each shot of tequila.

Book a non-refundable solo trip to an adults-only resort with the intention of getting laid.

The beach is picturesque, her room is luxurious, the alcohol is included … and Danielle can’t wait to get the hell out of there the second she checks in. That is, until an uninvited kiss from drunken hotel guest and Hollywood hottie Evan Weston. Once Evan discovers the reason for Danielle’s vacation, he won’t let up in his pursuit to be the one to solve her problem.

Caught between her desire for a fresh start and the preposterous idea of having a fling with her celebrity crush, Danielle decides it’s time to throw caution to the wind and her panties to the floor.

But it’s never just sex, is it? And Evan Weston isn’t just any man. He isn’t just a movie star.

Evan Weston is Danielle’s last resort.

I never finish a novel by Kate Roth without being disappointed that the story is over. Last Resort and Best Laid plans are the first two books in the Desire Resort series and I am hooked.

Kate never fails to give her characters depth while keeping the romance steamy and fun. Last Resort introduces us to Dani, the apprehensive shy girl who booked a trip to an adults only resort on a drunken whim, and Evan, the hot Hollywood actor with a soft side. Their immediate attraction is the thing romance books are built on, but Kate does so much more with this series. It's fun, snarky and surprises me.

In Best Laid Plans we learn that even in the cocoon of paradise Evan and Dani can't avoid dealing with some real life issues that test their new relationship. We learn more about Evan's history and Dani's apprehension about jumping into a relationship. I won't spoil the ending, but I highly recommend this series!