mischievously

Tina (HDB)

Book reviews, random musings and all things mischievous.

American Gods: A Novel
Billow
Emma Raveling

Review: Finders Inc by Michael Jasper

Finders, Inc. (The Finder Team) (Volume 1) - Michael Jasper
This book promises some action, interesting characters and, of course, mystery solving and Jasper comes through on all counts.

I really enjoy characters that are outside the norm. When you have a whole group of misfits it is even better. While Bim and Hanky J are quite the pair of oddballs themselves, I really enjoyed the supporting cast as well. The Finders Team was well balanced with complementing personality types who all specialize in their own skills,

The rural mountain area that this story takes place comes to life with the muddy roads and hole in the wall diners and bars. Even though I'm not familiar with that part of the country I didn't have a problem getting absorbed into the scenery.

While I enjoyed this read, it didn't really stick with me. There wasn't anything I particularly disliked about the story but I didn't love it either. I'd recommend this book for readers who enjoy the hints of paranormal and some fun filled characters.

* I received a copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review. I was not monetarily compensated for my opinion.*