mischievously

Tina (HDB)

Book reviews, random musings and all things mischievous.

American Gods: A Novel
Neil Gaiman
Progress: 250/750 pages
Furiously Happy: A Funny Book About Horrible Things
Jenny Lawson
Billow
Emma Raveling

Review: 30 Days to Win His Wife by Andrea Laurence

Thirty Days to Win His Wife (Harlequin DesireBrides and Belles) - Andrea Laurence

This was a quick read for me and I finished it in a few hours. I really enjoyed Amelia and Tyler as characters and their chemistry was well written. This started as a "what happens in Vegas stays in  Vegas" type romances, but when Amelia learns she's pregnant from her wedding night everything changes.

Amelia represented a pretty typical type of girl for me: the girl that has planned every detail of her wedding since she was 5 years old and obsesses over finding the "perfect" husband for her perfect wedding. While this is basically the opposite of who I am, I definitely had a few friends who fit this stereotype. Amelia's obsession with the perfect relationship is a huge barrier to her relationship with Tyler and I think it was a poignant topic for the author to address. Fairy tales and perfect marriages don't exist.

There could have been a bit more character development, especially on Tyler's side, but overall it was a well rounded story about two friends coming to terms with their feelings for each other under unusual circumstances. I have to say, without a never ending checkbook to make things happen, I feel like Tyler would have been far less successful in his romantic endeavors towards Amelia.  While I understand that having a great job and a demanding career aren't unheard of, the amount of money thrown around by Tyler took away from the story for me.

I'd definitely recommend this light, fun read if you're in the mood for a romance with lots of passion.

I received a copy of this book from Netgalley in exchange for a fair and honest review. I was not monetarily compensated for my opinion.