mischievously

Tina (HDB)

Book reviews, random musings and all things mischievous.

Pink Lock Picks and Sequined Witch Hats
Billow
Emma Raveling

Review: Our Dried Voices

Our Dried Voices - Greg Hickey

I unintentionally had a theme this week for my reviews: a dire future for society. Greg Hickey presents the new humanity in an interesting way, slowly but surely filling the reader in on what is really going on. I'll admit, this isn't my favorite type of story-line but it wasn't bad either.

Samuel was an interesting character in that we are viewing the world through his eyes. This colony is all he has ever known and life is a monotonous cycle each and every day, until one day that changes. I did get a bit frustrated with the story as it was hard from me to accept that Samuel was the only person to question what was happening. I understand that the idea Hickey was portraying was a futuristic society devoid of normal human behavior but it just frustrated me more than it was interesting.

Our Dried Voices was a well thought out story, it just wasn't for me. I would recommend it to lovers of dystopian sci-fi as this was definitely a new take on the genre and brought about a new perspective.

I received a copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review. I was not monetarily compensated for my opinion.