mischievously

Tina's Reading Space

Book reviews, random musings and all things bookish.

Summer Bucket List
T.K. Rapp
Crown of Midnight
Sarah J. Maas
Billow
Emma Raveling

Heartfelt and Raw

Deep Blue Eternity - Natasha Boyd

Natasha Boyd is quickly becoming one of my favorite romance authors. Her characters are real, flawed and easy to relate to. Once again she has crafted a harrowing tale of facing your demons and learning to love yourself and another person.

My heart ached for Livvy, the main character, as I was taken through her painful history of loss and abuse. Boyd addresses these serious issues with tact and grace giving just enough detail to break your heart. Being a part of Livvy's story of finding redemption and strength helped put the pieces back together. She still wasn't perfect and continued to fight her demons throughout the story which I appreciated. Healing takes time, a lot of time, and Livvy's story was beautifully raw.

Tom was equally deep in his own despair. I really enjoyed his characters growth and development throughout the story. Boyd gives us tidbits into his past without revealing too much until the poignant moments. I found myself going back through his dialogue to make sure I absorbed every bit of it.

The supporting cast of misfits fit the story perfectly and enhanced the experience for me. They were everything I hope for in a good book. I finished this in one sitting because I couldn't put it down. I highly recommend picking up this book.