mischievously

Tina (HDB)

Book reviews, random musings and all things mischievous.

American Gods: A Novel
Billow
Emma Raveling

Review: Taking the Heat by Victoria Dahl

Taking the Heat - Victoria Dahl

I will be the first to admit, I don't usually enjoy adult romance stories about virgins, but Taking the Heat has changed that. Veronica's character was full of sass and wit which made her much more relatable and interesting. Her virginity didn't define her or hold her back and I appreciated that as a reader. The whole idea of being a relationship columnist without any specific experience made for some laugh out loud moments.

Overall, this story was a rather fun read with just enough seriousness to keep the plot moving forward. Gabe and Veronica weren't complicated characters, but they both had enough depth and personal baggage to work through to keep things interesting.

Jackson Hole, Wyoming lends itself to some great outdoorsy scenery, which Victoria Dahl does a great job capturing. I enjoyed the whole small town feel with the supporting characters and gossip train.

Are you looking for a lighthearted romance? Do you enjoy descriptive scenery and characters with great chemistry? This is a book for you. Happy reading!

I received a copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review. I was not monetarily compensated for my opinion.