mischievously

Tina (HDB)

Book reviews, random musings and all things mischievous.

Dark & Stormy
Billow
Emma Raveling

Review: Cable Car Mystery by Greg Messel

Cable Car Mystery (Sam Slater Mysterys Series Book 6) - Greg Messel

I have to say this was a refreshing week for me in the reading department. I received this lovely book a few weeks ago and I have thoroughly enjoyed it. I haven't read any of the previous books in the series, so this can definitely be read as a standalone, but there are definitely references to the other books if you feel inclined to read more about Sam Slater.

All of the characters are well developed and interesting, and the story flows flawlessly. The dialogue is great and the San Francisco backdrop is fun to read about. Sam and his wife Amelia run a PI firm and get caught up in the Cable Car Mystery when Sam saves a lady after falling from a car. Their research into the woman he saved brings about new questions and a problem to solve.

Amelia's character has her own story line with her neighbor and it compliments the main story well. I really enjoyed the banter between her and Sam, especially since the newspaper pictures put him in a risque position with the woman he saved. There is just enough background information and references to previous books (aka character history) that keep the story moving without rehashing everything from the rest of the series.

This was a fun, short mystery that I would highly recommend to all readers. I will definitely be looking for more books by this author!

I received a copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review. I was not monetarily compensated for my opinion.