mischievously

Tina (HDB)

Book reviews, random musings and all things mischievous.

Review: The Truth Hunters

The Truth Hunters - Emilia Zeeland

Hang on to your hats friends, this is a roller-coaster ride. If you're looking for a page turner, then look no further. The STAR Academy series is quickly becoming a favorite of mine. The Truth Hunters is book 2 in the series and you'll want to read book 1 before starting it.

We pick right back up with Yalena and her friends as they return to STAR Academy for year two. Lots has changed as they prepare for whatever it is the Fians are up to. Yalena struggles to find her new place since she lost her leadership role, but eventually finds her footing again. With a few new freshmen to make things interesting, we follow the same cast from last year through their trials and tribulations. Except this time, there is even more at stake.

In true trilogy fashion, this book gets to the heart of the issues. There is so much information to uncover about Yalena's past, and trust me when I say it will leave you speechless. A roller-coaster of emotions is the only way to describe her story. You will want to keep reading till the last page and then you'll want more.

In addition to a personal quest for answers, we learn a lot about the nuances of the space world and everything really comes to life. Zeeland does a wonderful job of bringing you into the moment and making you feel like part of the story. There is a threat from the Fians that can't be ignored, but understanding the history makes it even harder to cope.

I wish book 3 was already out, but alas, we will have to wait for the next installment. Grab this fantastic sci-fi story now.