mischievously

Tina (HDB)

Book reviews, random musings and all things mischievous.

American Gods: A Novel
Billow
Emma Raveling
Sway (Confession Records Book 2) - Kate Roth

"Love. Family. Business.

Talent manager, Beau Harris only cares about one of those things. His career is suddenly in a downward spiral and the only friend he has left is client and pop star, Vanessa Curtis.

Seeking refuge from the life he’s come to loathe, Beau moves in with Vanessa to focus on her upcoming tour. Yet unexpectedly, he ends up focusing more on his budding friendship with her sister and back-up dancer, Whitney.

Finally able to open up, Beau and Whitney share with each other the vulnerabilities they’ve hidden from the rest of the world. Unable to deny that their connection burns deeper than attraction, they’re forced to confront the feelings they’ve long since given up on. But the emotional baggage, the struggle to break old patterns, and the fear of what Vanessa will think makes falling in love more complicated than they could’ve imagined.

Love. Family. Business.

Those three things now hopelessly woven together, Beau will have to fight for the happily ever after he never knew he truly wanted. "

I am a big fan of all of Kate Roth's work. When I heard Sway, the second book in the Confession Records series, was in the works the fangirl in me got very excited. I loved Natural Harmony and couldn't wait for Beau's story, I knew there was more to him than what meets the eye.

The characters are well developed and the story flows genuinely. Sway is a story full of second chances and redeeming characters. Beau and Whitney both have issues of the past to deal with and that makes them apprehensive about any future relationships. I love that they confront their issues instead of gracing over them and blindly jumping in, which some romance novels are guilty of.  I love a story that feels real. That takes you in and makes you feel like you could be sitting in the same room experiencing what the characters are experiencing and Kate does that with her writing.