mischievously

Tina (HDB)

Book reviews, random musings and all things mischievous.

American Gods: A Novel
Billow
Emma Raveling

Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry

Pushing the Limits - Katie McGarry

So wrong for each other…and yet so right.

No one knows what happened the night Echo Emerson went from popular girl with jock boyfriend to gossiped-about outsider with "freaky" scars on her arms. Even Echo can't remember the whole truth.

But when Noah Hutchins, the smoking-hot, girl-using loner in the black leather jacket, explodes into her life with his surprising understanding, Echo's world shifts in ways she could never have imagined. They should have nothing in common.

Yet the crazy attraction between them refuses to go away. And Echo has to ask herself just how far they can PUSH THE LIMITS and what she'll risk for the one guy who might teach her HOW TO LOVE AGAIN.

I really enjoyed the chemistry between Echo and Noah. It wasn't forced and felt like a natural hate-to-love relationship. I like books that tackle some dark issues and this one was no exception. It paints a vivid picture of how trauma, therapy, and forgiveness play a vital role in people's life.

I have to say I really enjoyed reading about Noah's story. His love for his brothers was so endearing, and I love a character that can grow and learn. So many books make the Child Protective Services into the enemy and I found Noah's candid story very realistic from someone who's been "in the system". Not all foster parents are great but not all are bad either and I love the way the author tackled these delicate situations.

All in all I would highly recommend this!